|I Am Growing Guiding in Nova Scotia Membership Challenge|
|You in Guiding: Learn About Guiding (YiG2)|
Nova Scotia created a Membership Challenge to help with their goals of retaining and increasing membership. The pink part is earned through doing activities and the blue part is earned by increasing membership in your unit.
As Guides, we needed to do 8 activities to earn the pink crest. We had done a number of activities as a unit through the year to complete this--just through our normal unit activities--and we used this meeting to reinforce what we did to earn this challenge and then do a couple of activities specifically for the challenge.
5 Activities from I Am Growing Guiding Challenge:
- Participate in a bridging activity with at least TWO different levels of Guiding.--our Halloween parade with Sparks and Brownies
- Do a service project in your community while wearing your uniform. --Feed NS
- Participate in a large Guiding activity such as a District or Area camp, or day camp. --Thinking Day skate
- Participate in a community event such as Remembrance Day, a community parade or fair -- we attended Remembrance Day as a District
- Share your Unit activities: send a photo (make sure everyone has a photo release), a poem, or an article describing one of your Unit activities to your District, Area or Provincial PR person.--my fellow Guider and I have tweeted a number of our activities to @GGCNovaScotia. Camp, Feed NS, Screen Printing, Thinking Day--whenever we do something fun, we try to remember to tweet it. We learned well from our session on Social Media at the NS Guider Conference!
- Plan a joint activity with another Unit. -- Campfire with the Sparks