|Body Wworks (BW)|
- 2 Cookies—1 Fully bitten, 1 with dental impression (we used Girl Guide mint cookies)
- Empty glass of milk with a fingerprint on it
- White powder (we used baking soda)
- Footprint on the floor (we had a piece of paper with a muddy bootprint on it, and a piece of plasticine that had also been stepped on)
- Ransom note
- Fiber from towel/napkin/facecloth and hair from suspect
- Yellow Caution tape
- The magnifying glass was made from pre-shrunk shrinky-dinks, then the girls hot-glued a handle to it and glued a string around the handle.
- The evidence bag had a piece of material, their fingerprint, a cotton swab, and some fake hair.
- The fingerprint powder was flour in a small container with a piece of paintbrush glued on top
- The clipboard was a piece of cardboard, small sticky notes, a toothpick coloured to look like a pencil, and a paper clip holding it all together.
- Mad scientist--fuzzy yarn on a pop tab with googly eyes (not shown)
Station 2. Fingerprinting (Forensic Science Activities 5.2) and DNA (Forensic Science Activities 5.7): They did activity 5.2.2 for the fingerprints. (BW#6)
They also learned about DNA and made model DNA out of licorice and marshmallows. There is instructions for this, and I'll update the blog when I receive it from the Guider who ran this activity.